Sunday, March 29, 2009

Keegan's Last Night of Freedom! A Very Busy One at That...

Keegan and mom went to the temple one last time on their Temple Trip Adventures. We saved the Salt Lake Temple for last. We had such a unique and very tender experience in the temple as we got to be the witness couple. It is a moment that both him and I will cherish forever.




We also got an amazing tour inside the temple where there were many things that we were privvy to see that we didn't know about. It was amazing to see the sacrifices made by our early pioneer forefathers and foremothers. The blessings of their sacrifices are being enjoyed still today and the spirit was so special and it gave both Keegan and I the courage to send him on his way...I cannot tell you the peace I felt with him as it finally came the day before he was to go! WHEW just in the knick of time!



On Tuesday night Keegan was getting Ordained and Elder at 9:30. We decided to go out to eat as a family and then go to his ordination. We met up at my parents at 6:30 but keegan wasn't home yet. He had gone to say good by to Kristen (his girl friend). When he got home he was pretty upset about it! I gave him a hug and told him he could hug me or mom since we were the only girls he could hug anymore!

Hugging Sissy

Hugging Mom

The only two girls he is allowed to hug, his mom and sis!



Keegan wanted to go to Olive Garden so all 6 of us climbed into one car (it didn't work so well with all four grown kids in the back seat) and made our way to the restaurant. We had a great time eating and spending our last meal as a family... especially since our awesome server brought us the Mint bucket and told us we could all have more then one!!!!

All of us "kids" waiting and waiting and waiting to eat...


Greg my brother-in-law, me and my sissy!


Me and my "little buddy" Dylan


Me, my mom and dad Ted


Celebrating my "thunder day" with my family...ahhhh!


Then we went over to the Stake Center for Keegan's Ordination! That was an awesome experience that I'm glad none of us missed! I'm so proud of Keeg and his Choice to serve a mission! Have fun in South Dakota Elder Maurer!

My mom and dad with their new missionary!


President Scott Anderson and Keegan


I'm an "official missionary" now!


A lot later that night...
Keegan's "guy" friends for one last trip down memory lane...no girls allowed!

One last breakfast before we leave for the MTC with my little brother Dylan

Sissy and Auntie Myrna and my dad Ted as the "master chef!"

Keegan's bedtime buddy Scamper...ahhhh I am going to miss him!

Time to leave the nest and fly away, first stop the MTC
(Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah)

No comments:

Post a Comment